Shaved my hair!

Shaved my hair!

Santa and Joshua

Santa and Joshua

Monday, September 17, 2007

Hey everyone!

Just a quick note before I head to bed. Yep, its 7:30 pm, and it's bed time. Anyways, today was back to Chemotherapy which was a long session. I think we were there for almost 3 hours. They added the anti nausea drug, which has helped, and I will receive it tomorrow and Wed., and then on Thursday I still go in, but only for a shot of Neulastin, which is the longer lasting version of Neupogin, which boosts my white blood cell count. They actually dropped quite a bit today, but was still in the range to continue chemo and radiation.
I also went to Radiation therapy which I think is what drains my energy. I am sure it will be a long week.
I received an email today from my Aunt Janet in Denmark who is also battling Cancer. She restarted Chemo this week. I wanted to send our prayers, and hope that everyone visiting my blog will also stop and send their best off to her. I know you will get through all of this Janet. We love you, and you too Marty!
And also best wishes to best bud Jon and wife Claire who are expecting and are due within the next week or so. Good luck and God Bless.
That's all for now, I really am pooped. Michelle and the girls all say hello and send their love.
Talk to you all soon.
Love CMJE

9 comments:

Joan said...

Hi Chuck Sorry to hear your session was so long today. Just think of it as another day closer to getting better. I was thinking of your loss of hair but don't worry I think you will look quite handsome. We think of you and pray for you and the family every day. Keep up the good fight.

Rich Stubler said...

Sending you energy and strength from north of the border. A good frind of mine once descibed a football season as a week of preparation for 3 hours of gut wrenching hell - followed by a week of preparation to go through it all over again. The rewards are great at the end - hang in there.

Olson4Racing said...

Other news....Bailey ran away again yesterday...also on Friday, that dog is something else...wants to be on the go go go, he has hip displaysia and needs a new hip so he can't afford to run away..when he gets home he needs the arthritis medicine, he will never learn. We camp in 2 weeks at Kalamazoo Speedway it is like a mini MIS...it is a huge 3 day racing event for all local drivers, it is a good time. We tried to get Steve and Linda TC48 to come down but they can't make it. Well keep up the positive attitude, you are in our prayers. The Olson Family...Tim, Misty, TJ and of Course Bailey Olson4Racing

Rachelle said...

Thinking of you today - good to know that all of our positive thoughts are getting through to you! Keep up the fight and we will keep up the prayers!

Robynne said...

Chuck:

It astounds me how blessed we all are with the support that you and all of us have recieved from friends (long time, old,new etc,) family, and strangers. I believe that we can beat anything with all the love, prayers and support from everyone. Thank you from all of Chuck's family for helping to keep Chuck's spirits up!!! Positive thinking and faith will prevail.

Love to all:

Sister Robynne

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie,

The last message I sent you didn't go through. I hope this one does. I just want you to know how much Dad and I love you and you are always in our prayers. Last night at the campfire, it was cloudy, but there was 1 bright star, Dad and I both made a powerful wish and prayer on that star, after our prayer the star disappeared, we know that God had that star for us and then He is going to answer our prayer and the many many more that are being said almost 24 hours a day for you. You are not going through this alone, we are all in this together. Remember, above all you have our complete love.

Love Ya,

Mom and Dad Lewis

Jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan said...

Hey Buddy!

This may be a long shot....but Claire and I have decided to collect and store our Baby's umbilical cord blood stem cells when it's born. I was doing some research and found this site: http://www.cordblood.com/
cord_blood_banking_with_cbr
/banking/diseases_treated.asp
If your're a match it may help if not cure you!!!
I wish more than anything that I could do something to help you fight this damn thing!
Stay Stong!
Love,
Jon and Claire

Anonymous said...

Hi Chuck
Thanks to Jon for sending me your link, I recently found him on facebook. Oh gosh! Chuck, tears and prayers for you and your family. Where did that bus come from? Did you get the liscence plate? Man! My prayers for today are for courage, divining strength, and peace in the midst of all this chaos. Sorry to have lost touch over the years. I am happily married of 11 years with a 9 year old daughter, working as a nurse at Sunnybrook hospital in Toronto. Thinking of you and yours.
Tracey Kitchen-Clark