Shaved my hair!

Shaved my hair!

Santa and Joshua

Santa and Joshua

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Its the weekend!

Well its Saturday! I have completed 16 days of Radiation, which means...9 days left for this round. And this week was my second series of Chemo, so I have two more series to go. I think it works out that this "round" of treatments will be completely over by Nov. 1st.
I will find out this week how soon after this round of treatments, before they will scan me to see how everything is looking. As bad as I have been feeling, I am sure it means the cancer is well on its way to being completely gone.
This week, my throat has been very sore from the radiation, plus my sense of smell has gone into overdrive. Any perfumes, deodorants, air fresheners have been driving me nuts. Apparently it is very common for strong odors to drive chemo patients crazy. I hope that passes.
Well, tomorrow is going to be a fun day with the Toronto Argonauts. It is so crazy that they have named me honorary captain for tomorrow's game. It truly has lifted my spirits! I wish I could be there.
Thats it for now. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Talk to you all soon.
CMJE

1 comment:

brother chris said...

Chuck and Michelle, it was great to talk to you today. Chuck, you sounded great! Very good spirits. That makes me very happy. I must say, I am very excited about tomorrow. I am going to soak it all in, and will never forget why this is all happening. It is all for you Chuck. And so it should be. Oh, and on a final note....THE ARGOS WILL WIN!.. Oh yes!