Shaved my hair!

Shaved my hair!

Santa and Joshua

Santa and Joshua

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy American Thanksgiving!

Once again, I must apologize for not keeping my blog as up-to-date as I had wished I was going to. Alot of things have been going on since my last post!
First of all, I have returned to my job! It been almost 3 weeks now, and everything is going great. I have been getting back into the routine, and feeling good. I do miss hanging out with Michelle and some of the shows we were getting used to watching during the day. But it is nice to get back to my job. I still need to strengthen my back, as it gets pretty sore by the end of the week, but I think it's getting better. If it doesn't stop hurting soon, I will be seeing my Oncologist and will talk to her about some sort of rehab. I wish we had a hot tub!
...
We just had an amazing weekend, when Mom, Brother Rick, Donna, Alicia and Emma came to Traverse City for a great visit! It truly was great seeing them all. We decided to have our Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday since they would be here and it was a super get together. Turkey, ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, etc...yumm.
Plus Rick brought the Toronto Argo Jersey from the game I was named Honorary Captain. It is a great jersey! I am very proud to have been a part of a great season along with the Argo's. Thank you once again Rich, and Rachelle for all of your support!
...
Speaking of the Argo's, their season ended this past Sunday. They had a great streak going, only needing one more win to go to the Grey Cup Championship. But unfortunately lost to Winnepeg.
I have become one of their greatest fans this season and hope to someday get back to see them play in person with Michelle and the girls. It still amazes me what the Argos (Rich and Rachelle) have done t0 help me get thru this past few months. Thanks. We will go all the way next year!
...
We found out this week, that we will have a few days to get back to Bobcaygeon, visit with Mom, family and friends around Christmas this year. It's been so long since being back. With tackling my cancer, it has just been impossible to get back. We cannot wait, not only to visit everyone, but to also go say goodbye to our old property, and finally get to see Mom's new house!
...
2 more days until Thanksgiving here in the States. The girls are off, Wed.,Thur., and Friday!
We will be watching Detroit and Green Bay play football and I will be making a lasagna for and afternoon dinner as both Jessie and Erica are having "boy"friends over to meet Michelle and I. Should be a fun day.
...
Once again, thank you all for checking in to see how things are going. It makes me feel great knowing we have so many people sending us there best wishes.
On a sad note, our Aunt Janet (my Dad's sister) past away 3 weeks ago. She was also battling cancer, and unfortunately the cancer took away one of my greatest inspirations. She continued to send me advise, encouragement and overall support. One of our greatest gifts I received was an ice crusher she sent me by purolator, when I briefly mentioned how ice was so nice to chew on when I was released from the hospital after my surgery. She knew exactly what I meant, got online and from Denmark had one sent to me. She will forever be missed.
...
Ok, I am off to bed.
I will once again try my best to keep everyone updated. I guess if I don't leave an update, please assume I am having a great day! But, I will try to get on here.
Have a wonderful week! 35 more sleeps until Christmas!!
Love CMJE

6 comments:

KIMBERLEY NASH said...

WELCOME BACK! I HAVE BEEN WATCHING YOUR SIGHT EVERYDAY, I'M GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU MADE IT BACK. I HONKED AT YOU THE OTHER NIGHT AFTER WORK WHEN YOU WERE GETTING THE MAIL. I HAVE BEEN STAYING UP TO DATE WITH MICHELLE ON LINE. THAT IS WHEN SHE IS ON. I'M GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND THAT WORK IS GOING GOOD. I REALLY MISS SEEING YOU, MICHELLE AND THE GIRLS. IT IS CRAZY THAT WE LIVE SO CLOSE BUT NEVER SEEM TO GET TOGETHER. I AM GOING TO BE GOING HOME TODAY AT 3 AND STARTING TO GET READY FOR A BIG TURKEY DAY TOMORROW. ALOT OF PEOPLE SEEM TO STRESS OVER ALL THE COOKING AND PREPARING, BUT I LOOK FORWARD TO IT EVER YEAR. GETTING EVERYTHING READY, WATCHING THE MACY PARADE, AND THEN FOOTBALL. IT IS A WONDERFUL RELAXING TIME WITH MY 2 BOYS. TAKE CARE CHARLIE!!! BE STRONG AND HAPPY!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.....REMEMBER ENJOY THE SMALL THINGS AND CHERISH EVERY MOMENT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie,

Like Kim, I am glad you are back!! Please know that the inspiration you got from Aunt Janet is everlasting for you. She is watching you and praying for you still.

We love you, Happy Turkey Day
Mom Lewis

Anonymous said...

Hey Chuck, It's nice to hear that you are back at work. It would be nice to see you at some point when you are home. We are having Christmas in Budapest this year so I will be gone from the 22nd - 28th If you are still around give me a call and we will have a beer and watch the leafs.....try to win :) take care of yourself. Adam

Donna said...

Hey Chuck!
It was great to see you (and all the girls)last weekend....can't believe a week has gone by already. Hope you had a great day today. Happy Thanksgiving!
Donna

cousin Lisa said...

Hey Chuck,
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you were doing... What dates will you be in Bobcaygeon? Maybe I'll take a trip up with Julian. I'll have a friends car over the holidays... However - there probably wouldn't be anywhere to sleep now with Auntie June in the new place. Let's keep in touch about it. On facebook!! Big hugs from T.O.
xoL

Rachelle said...

Chuck
I am so happy that things are good for you and your family. This holiday shall surly be a special one. Don’t delay on listening to your body – gracious knows we all need strength training, and with your job I can’t imagine anyone not having support!
I look forward to tales of your visits with family. Your brothers have dropped a line here and there to share and offer well wishes. Rich and I are glad you like the jersey, one of a kind! We have taken your inspiration and are looking at making honorary captains are every home game. It has meant so much to you and your family we want to be able to continue to touch the lives of others. I agree that with Rich as head coach we will be a different team next year. You will have to make arrangements to come to one game with your family during the season….it would be nice to host you all and meet the wonderful people in you life.
Heard that you may be coming home and I trust that it will be an adventure. If you can manage it, as I am sure your time will be booked solid, it would be nice to catch up. I am headed to see mom and dad from the 24th to the 29th but am otherwise flexile. I am sure Rich wouldn’t let your visit home go without shaking your hand I person – but I trust you both have already spoken of that.
Wonder how the “boyfriend” visit went. We celebrated American Thanksgiving here with some of the defense at Rich’s place. Was a lot of fun infusing Canadian and American traditions.
My warmest regards to you all.
Tenderly
Rachelle Duffus